Why Use Cosmetic Medicine for Lip Enhancement?
Gloss and lipstick only help on the surface. Lip fillers however, can restore the natural shape, size and volume to the lips. They improve lip texture and hydration as well as softening and filling in lines and folds around the mouth. They strengthen and sharpen the lip border giving plumpness and fullness to the lips.
All of this can be achieved through cosmetic medicine and the aid of lip fillers.
What Areas Do Lip Fillers Treat?
As we age, some of our natural beauty markers are lost and the following common symptoms occur:
- The lips thin and lose volume
- The lips may become ill defined
- Fine lines may develop around the lips and disrupt the border
- The V-shaped area in the centre of the lips known as the cupids bow flattens
- The corners of the mouth may turn down into a ‘frown’
- Volume may also be lost in the area surrounding the lips, known as the marionette area
If you are concerned about any of these areas or have another goal to achieve with your lips, please speak to one of our experienced and qualified team as lip fillers may provide the solution that you are looking for.
How Long do the Effects of Lip Enhancement Last?
Lip fillers usually last anywhere from 6 to 12 months depending on the individual and other factors including lifestyle and how quickly your metabolism breaks down the lip filler since the filler is made from naturally occurring products found in our bodies.
Do Lip Enhancements Hurt?
During the treatment, you may feel a stinging sensation or slight pinch when the product is being injected. The lip enhancement procedure only consists of tiny, hair like injections.
What is the Downtime After a Lip Enhancement Procedure?
Everyone has various recovery times.
Swelling generally reduces after 2 days post treatment and most of our clients immediately get back to their daily routines. We also recommend not wearing any makeup post treatment to reduce the risk of infection.
You can apply ice to the treated area and drink plenty of water. Avoid spicy foods and strenuous exercise.
Have lip fillers at least 4 weeks before any big event.
How much do Lip Enhancements cost?
The cost of a lip filler treatment will vary depending on how much lip filler is required. The best way to know how much you require is to book in for your free initial consultation and talk to our specialist team to determine the best course of treatment, to reach your goals.
Lip Enhancement Procedures - Home Care
As with any procedure, there are some important do’s and don’ts which are important to know. These will help you get the best results for lip fillers and also aid you in the recovery process.
Before treatment do:
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin and other blood thinning medications
- Avoid Vitamin E, Fast and Spicy foods, Heavy activity and Excess salt
- Avoid Smoking and smoke exposure
After treatment do:
- Remain upright for 3-5 hours following treatment.
- Cleanse your skin and apply skincare and makeup, gently.
- Eat and drink normally
After treatment do not:
- Lie down for 3-5 hours directly after treatment.
- Undertake Microdermabrasion, Skin Needling. Dermal Rolling for 2-4 weeks after treatment.
- Use Retinol for at least 5 days after treatment.
- Drink alcohol and use painkillers (they are blood thinners and may increase the likelihood of bruising).
- Exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- Expose yourself to excessive heat or cold including saunas, spas and steam rooms.
- Do not massage or apply pressure to the face which can affect how the product settles in a particular area.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Lip enhancement is a procedure to improve the appearance of the lips through tiny hair like injections of Hyaluronic acid. Lip enhancement can help to restore natural beauty markers which have been lost over time adding volume to improve your appearance.
You may feel a stinging sensation or slight pinch when the product is being injected. Book in first thing in the morning when you are at your freshest!
The cost of lip enhancement is determined by your individual goals and how much lip filler is required. We recommend booking your free initial consultation with our cosmetic injectors to get the best lip enhancement plan and cost to achieve your goals.
Lip fillers provide results without the need for surgical methods of lip augmentation where often fat grafts are transplanted to your lips from other parts of your body. In this respect, lip enhancement using lip fillers is the best solution for those who do not want to go under the knife.